I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the best weight loss tips to shed unwanted pounds.
So I spent some time putting together a collection of 7 best weight loss tips for you today.
As a busy mother of 2, a small business owner, and wife, (to name a few of the hats I’ve been known to wear) I understand how difficult it can be to find the time to sort through all of the weight loss info out there.
Go ahead and bookmark this blog post so you can refer to it anytime. Try one thing on the list at a time. No need to revamp everything in one day. Challenge yourself to incorporate one new habit a week, and before you know it you’ll have created a healthy lifestyle you can maintain.
- Set Goals:Decide what you want to accomplish and why. Be very specific and visualize yourself achieving your goal. What will it look like, feel like, etc? When will you accomplish this by? Give yourself a deadline. (hint: be realistic, i.e. I am going to lose 5 pounds in the next month).
- Plan Your Workouts: You’ll want to get in 3-5 workouts a week to achieve your health and fitness goals. Set appointments with yourself to get your workout in No cancelling unless it’s an absolute emergency. (hint: going for a latte with a friend is NOT an emergency).
- Don’t Forget to Eat: Sounds crazy, right? With our busy lifestyles we end up missing meals. When we do this our metabolism slows down and our bodies go into starvation mode. When we feed them again, we store excess fat to make up for not eating. Don’t forget to eat. (hint: prep your food when you get home from the grocery store, i.e. wash and cut veggies, cut up fruit, wash, salad spin, and store chopped lettuce for salads, cook enough chicken for the week, portion out snack size servings of nuts, etc.)
- Move and Groove:Get creative and move whenever you can. Take advantage of tricks like parking further away from the store, take the stairs instead of the elevator, set an alarm and get up every hour to stretch and walk around your desk, etc. (hint: check out our 10 minute workouts blog post to add to your best weight loss tips —->>> HERE.)
- Good Hydration: Our bodies are mostly water, 78% to be exact, therefore we thrive on water based foods like fruits and veggies. When we are well hydrated we let go of unwanted fat, and have a healthier body fat percentage. Be sure to get your water in from clean, healthy sources. (hint: keep a special glass or water bottle on hand at all times. Choose something that will encourage you to empty and refill it. Notice how your body feels.)
- Plan Ahead for Eating on the Go:Whether you have plans to eat out or simply won’t get home until after hours due to meetings, carpools, activities, etc., you’ll want to prepare for eating on the go. Preview restaurant menus prior to attending so you can make healthy choices that match your goals. (hint: look for words like grilled, roasted, steamed, and stay away from words like smothered, creamy, deep fried.)
- Reward Yourself: How will you celebrate your successes? Make this part of your plan. When you reach a certain milestone in your fitness, choose a way to reward yourself for a job well done. You’ll want to choose something that aligns with your new lifestyle habits and long term health and fitness goals. (hint: No food rewards. Instead, consider a new wardrobe, a day at the local spa, try something new like rock climbing, or challenging hike.)
Pick one of the 7 best weight loss tips listed here to incorporate into your life this week. Each week, add one more of the weight loss tips into your daily living. You’ll want to take it at a good pace for you, so you don’t overwhelm yourself with too many changes and end up throwing the towel in.
Looking for more guidance and accountability? Be the first to know when we open up Early Bird Registration for our next Fusion Fitness WOW! Weight Loss and Nutrition Program, and learn how to apply these best weight loss tips, and more. You’ll get a super bonus just for getting on the list!
Best Weight Loss Tips
Share your successes and challenges in the comments below as you journey toward a fitter, healthier, happier you using our best weight loss tips.
Committed to your success,